Regarded as the most spectacular country house in the County of Wiltshire, the former family home was acquired by the War Office in 1897. The acquisition of 40,000 acres on Salisbury Plain close by turned the small farming village of Tidworth into a Garrison Town. Tedworth House became the Officers' Mess.
Driver Gordon Anderson who at the time was serving with the Australian Army Service Corps. It seems unlikely Gordon ever saw the inside of Tedworth House, unless invited in to wash the glasses!
Wiltshire Community History and Tedworth House websites give reasonably detailed information about the military establishment on the Salisbury Plains.
Staff of the Glenroy Military Hospital
4 hours ago