The Roll of Honour at the Northern Golf Club, Glenroy, of which
many Essendon and Flemington men were members. Photo courtesy
of the Northern Golf Club, 2013.
The Northern Golf Club had its origins with the Essendon Golf Club which commenced in 1896 on rented paddocks in Essendon, but in 1912 a meeting of members decided to form a land company to buy land of their own. In 1913 a new club was formed, including members from the Essendon, Moreland, and Royal Melbourne Clubs. The Opening Day was held on 24 April 1913, the centenary of which is fast approaching. Those members which have been identified as being from the Essendon and Flemington areas can be found on this page.